Share with your friends and followers!
- Databases are purpose built. Find a database with purpose that matches your application requirements.
- Consider data shape, size and compute requirements when choosing a database. Know your data!
- At a small scale, some databases CAN do it all, at scale is another story.
- At scale, cost is important. When cost is important, choice is critical.
- Choose multiple, purpose built databases for best performance, price, convenience and programability.
- Managed database services compensate for overhead of using multiple purpose built databases.
- Choose databases that magnify and leverage your team’s skills, experience, and background.
- Use DynamodDB to break the boundaries imposed by relational DBs.