AWS Storage Gateway enables hybrid cloud storage by allowing you to connect your on-premises applications with AWS cloud storage service options like Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, and Amazon EBS using standard storage protocols like iSCSI and NFS. Storage Gateway is commonly used for backup, archive, and disaster recovery, tiered storage, and hybrid cloud storage, and provides three common storage interfaces: file, volume, and tape. These widely used interfaces make it easy to seamlessly and transparently add cloud storage to on-premises applications.
See the Storage Gateway product page for additional information.
- Nov 21, 2017: AWS Storage Gateway adds upload notifications, MIME-type detection, SUSE Linux support and additional features to File Gateway
- Oct 31, 2017: AWS Storage Gateway is now HIPAA eligible
- Sep 12, 2017: Backup to AWS with Commvault V11 and the AWS Storage Gateway virtual tape library (VTL)
- Jun 27, 2017: AWS CloudTrail Adds Amazon CloudWatch Events to the API Activity History
- Jun 22, 2017: AWS Storage Gateway expands file gateway to run on Microsoft Hyper-V