The AWS Network Load Balancer (NLB) is the 3rd member of the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) family, following the original Classic Load Balancer (CLB) and the Application Load Balancer (ALB). The NLB provides highly scalable layer 4 load balancing and introduced the ability to use Elastic IPs (EIP) with ELBs.
See the NLB product page for additional information and further details.
- Feb 22, 2018: Network Load Balancer now Supports Cross-Zone Load Balancing
- Feb 13, 2018: Network Load Balancer is Now Available in the EU (Paris) Region
- Nov 30, 2017: Amazon API Gateway Supports Endpoint Integrations with Private VPCs
- Nov 21, 2017: AWS Shield Adds Advanced DDoS Protection for EC2 and Network Load Balancer
- Nov 14, 2017: New One-step Migration Wizard to Migrate a Classic Load Balancer
- Sep 21, 2017: Elastic Load Balancing: Network Load Balancer now supports load balancing to IP addresses as targets for AWS and on-premises resources