Amazon Lightsail is a Virtual Private Server (VPS) solution for AWS customers wishing to build and manage web sites and web applications in the AWS cloud. Lightsail provides customers with flexible and scalable compute, memory, and storage options and the ability to easily add capacity as system requirements grow. In addition, Lightsail load balancing is available to spread demand across multiple Lightsail instances and to increase system availability and fault tolerance. Lightsail also provides block storage and domain services.
- Nov 29, 2017: Amazon Lightsail adds load balancers with integrated certificate management
- Nov 14, 2017: Introducing additional block storage for Amazon Lightsail
- Oct 16, 2017: Introducing Windows Server for Amazon Lightsail
- May 31, 2017: Amazon Lightsail available in Asia Pacific Regions
- May 17, 2017: Amazon Lightsail now available in 5 additional Europe, US AWS Regions
- Nov 30, 2016: Introducing Amazon Lightsail