Amazon Athena is a fully managed, serverless, pay-per-use service that allows you to easy query your data stored in S3 using standard SQL. Using Amazon Athena is as simple as 1) putting your data into S3, 2) defining a table schema, and 3) querying the data. It’s easy to run ad-hoc queries using Amazon Athena, no Hadoop or data warehousing experience required.
See the Amazon Athena product page for additional information.
- Nov 21, 2017: AWS Storage Gateway adds upload notifications, MIME-type detection, SUSE Linux support and additional features to File Gateway
- Nov 17, 2017: S3 Inventory Adds Apache ORC output format and Amazon Athena Integration
- Nov 13, 2017: Amazon Athena adds support for querying data using an ODBC driver
- Nov 1, 2017: Amazon Athena adds support for querying Geospatial data and is now available in the Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), & EU (London) regions.
- Oct 19, 2017: Amazon Athena is now available in the EU (Frankfurt) region.